Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a Valentine's that needed a little tweaking.

So often things do not go as planned. life happens. and I keep learning from my sweet husband that's ok.

I told husband I wanted to plan Valentine's this year, and he didn't mind in the slightest.
I eagerly planned a trip to Dallas...

But unfortunately we got a late start, hit some major traffic... and by missing our first stop of the day, things would not have worked our from then on.

I was pretty bummed and felt like I had failed miserably at planning our Valentine's.

My sweet Valentine cheered me up, picked up the pieces and took me out for a night in Fort Worth. It was as if he had planned it all along.

We started off with a Starbucks run for a little needed hot tea.  Then we made our way to the modern art museum. I've been begging husband to take me for months. It was very... interesting. Not what I had expected. At all. Next stop? A little Cajun place for some frog legs, rat toes (not actually rat toes), shrimp, and craw fish... loved everything except for the frog legs. People say frog legs taste like chicken, and they are very wrong. They are rubbery and soft and all I could think about while eating those frog legs was a little yellow slimy frog leaping in the rainforest. blah. Then we went to see the flick This Means War.  I give it 4 stars.  We ended the night with a little chocolate and Martinelli's.

Husband suggested that he plans next year's Valentine's... and I'm ok with that! :)

Man, I love him.

via

No comments:

Post a Comment