Friday, December 2, 2011

Decking the halls

Some people think Thanksgiving is a little too early to put up your Christmas tree, but not me!  I begged husband to get the tree down from the attic a few days before thanksgiving. I even went up into the attic and dragged the tree to the top of the stairs, making it a tad less of a haul for husband to bring it down.  Finally, at the end of the day husband gave in after bribing him with the idea he didn't need to help put it up... That was a mistake. For this Christmas tree is 9 feet tall, and I am just a wee little 5 feet tall. It definitely required the manly strength of a husband and luckily he really didn't mind helping out.  Who knew spreading apart branches would take so long. It took hours to put this thing up and it's pre-lit mind you. I think next year we'll go for a real tree.

Here it is folks, our fake tree- inherited from my mother in law, or maybe just borrowed, I'm not actually sure.





Story book ornaments. I found the idea on pinterest a few months ago and couldn't wait to get started. They were pretty time consuming, but it paid off- i love how they turned out!  want to see the inspiration? go here.



This is our first Christmas together as a married couple. Actually second, but last year didn't count. We had been married for a short week and we had other exciting things on our minds...  Needless to say, husband and I did not have stockings! So I did some intense pinteresting and googling.  I found a cute Amy Butler pattern, altered it, and made these Texas inspired suede stockings! One for me, husband, and Sperry!

This is the extent of my holiday decor. favorite thing? my stockings. Whats your favorite holiday decoration to put up?

1 comment: